Fall 2020 Plans
This Fall, BEI will offer students two study options to choose from in *select classes.
Students can select to enroll in online class or in-person classes on campus.
- Intensive English Programs
- Special Programs
Don’t Worry! BEI is doing everything to have in-person classes. We will make your safety a priority to keep our BEI friends and family safe and well.
- Daily Admittance Procedures – Temperature Checks, Hand-washing locations, Hand Sanitizer dispensers
- Cleaning – After each class use + Frequent sanitation of common areas
- Follow CDC Guidelines – Social Distancing, Face Masks required
- Classrooms – Smaller group sizes, physically apart desk arrangements, plexiglass shields
Cycle 6: You Choose! – Online or In-Person
Cycle 7: You Choose! – Online or In-Person
About Change of Status
If your plans change while you are in the United States and you want to study English, you may be eligible to apply and change your status to become a full-time student in the USA by submitting an I-539 application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Changing your status allow you to change your non-immigrant status while remaining in the US awaiting your approval from USCIS. You will not receive a new visa; visas are only issued outside the US.
- Apply and receive acceptance into one of BEI’s Intensive English Programs BEI’s COS Checklist
- Obtain an initial Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status,” from Bilingual Education Institute (BEI) *BEI is an SEVP-certified school and is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students.
- Pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee.
- File a Form I-539, “Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status,” with USCIS. Not all nonimmigrant classifications may change status. Read the instructions carefully to ensure that your category is eligible.
Attention to BEI F-1 Students!
We understand that COVID-19 Coronavirus may have made a significant impact on your finances that are beyond your control. Because of this, eligible F-1 students at BEI can apply for Severe Economic Hardship Employment for F-1 Students.