This course is designed for Limited English Proficiency (LEP) workers to improve their ability to understand and communicate workplace regulations and hazards.
A workforce with a clear understanding of industrial vocabulary and an ability to communicate potential hazards and other issues effectively can only lead to improved safety on-site.
In addition, this course can be used prior the Basics Safety Plus course to enable the trainees to participate and apply industry and site-specific vocabulary before the Basics Safety plus program.
The cooperation and support of Houston Area Safety Contractors Council (HACSC) in providing industry specific photographs and course materials detailing workplace regulations and hazards assisted BEI to create an industrial vocabulary introductory/refresher course for trainees with a low functional level of English.
This course covers:
- Unit 1 People, Places, and Location
- Unit 2 Rules, Plans, and Schedules
Let’s Talk about Accidents
- Unit 3 Your Body and Injuries
- Unit 4 General Hazards and Personal Protective Equipment
Common Workplace Hazards
- Unit 5 Hearing Conservation
- Unit 6 Electrical Safety
- Unit 7 Elevated Work Safety
- Unit 8 Chemical Awareness and Safety
- Unit 9 Confined Space Safety
- Private Classes – individual lessons with one trainee and one teacher.
- Semi-Private class – customized to fit the small group needs of 2-4 trainees
- Group Classes- maximum 10 trainees per class
Each session can last 2, 3, 4 or more hours, based on your request. Minimum course length is 15 hours.
For more information please call at 713-789-4555 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.