Become a School Agent for BEI


If your plans change while you are in the United States and you no longer want to stay in the status you entered the USA with, you may be able to apply to change it.  For example, if you entered the US as a tourist, but you decide you would like to pursue your education and become a student, you must submit an application to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

You must contact your International Student Advisor as soon as know you want to change your status.  We can offer advice with this process.

Make sure you are eligible to change your status:

  • You maintained your current status
  • You are eligible for the new status
  • Your period of authorized stay in the US did not expire
  • You did not violate the conditions of your current status

Be sure to visit the USCIS links below for more information or visit your ISA.

How do I change to another nonimmigrant status?

Change My Nonimmigrant Status

Contact Information

Phone: (713) 789-4555


Address: 6060 Richmond Ave, Houston, TX 77057

Working Hours:Mon-Fri 8 AM - 9 PM & Sat 9 AM - 12 PM

Copyright © 1982-2018 Bilingual Education Institute