To apply for admission to BEI:
(These guidelines apply to all foreign nationals who wish to enter the United States on an F-1 visa.)
- BEI International Student Enrollment Agreement Form
- Copy of pertinent passport pages (must clearly show picture, full name, birth date and passport expiration date) if you have dependents, you must provide a copy of each dependent.
- Copy of recent bank statements with a balance of $19,500 (previous 3 months) from the student (if self-sponsored) or financial guarantor (such as a spouse or family member) an additional $1,200 must be shown for each dependent.
- Employer letter (Self-sponsor): ‘Leave of absence’ letter, indicating that the company is aware that you will be studying in Houston and is expecting you to return to work
- I-134 Affidavit of Support Form (Financial guarantor): Necessary only if the financial guarantor’s bank accounts are located in the U.S.
- Letter of support (Financial guarantor): Letter from the person who will be responsible for all tuition & living fees; must be sealed by a notary public
- Bank letter: Affirming the date the account was opened & average balance; must be verified by a bank official
- Non-refundable registration fee of $90.00. This fee may be waived if the student is already enrolled at the Institute.
- Automatic Credit Card Billing Authorization Form (optional): If you would like to place the charge on a credit card, please fill out the “Credit Card Authorization” form.
- I-20 Delivery fee: If you wish to have the I-20 package mailed directly to you, there will be a delivery charge and signature confirmation may be required. The rate will vary based on the destination.
- In addition, you will also need to pay a fee of $200.00 to SEVIS. You may pay this charge by mail or electronically. After you receive the I-20 package, please contact them at FMJfee.com. Please print out your receipt online; you will need to bring it to the interview.
- Health care in the USA can be quite costly, so please make sure you have health insurance! You may buy insurance overseas or in the U.S. If purchased overseas, the insurance must be valid internationally. (You may click on the following link: internationalstudentinsurance.com for more information.) If possible, please purchase insurance before you enter the U.S. However, if you choose to buy insurance in the U.S., please do so within the first month of arrival. BEI will retain a copy of your proof of insurance for your international student file.
The I-20 package will be issued within 3-5 business days after all documents and fees have been received by our offices. Please call our admissions department at (713)789-4555 to schedule a time to pick up the forms and to meet with one of our admissions representatives. Our staff would be delighted to introduce you to our program.
After you have received the I-20 package and paid the SEVIS fee, please make an appointment with the embassy or consulate of your country. You will need to know your SEVIS ID number in order to make your appointment. Please bring the I-20 form & SEVIS receipt with you to your interview!
Following your appointment, we would be delighted to welcome you into our Intensive English Program! As the visa application process can be a bit tedious, we want to thank you in advance for your patience. Please remember to keep in contact with BEI as you proceed with your application.
Available Sessions: Each cycle is 7 weeks long. To maximize your language immersion, we require our students to enroll in a minimum of two cycles. Please see the schedules below